Some reports have started running rampant following a tweet that CryptoPotato created earlier today.
More specifically, the tweet in question is this:
RE: @binance – Voyager deal
This is what a US Judge responded to an SEC attorney who failed to provide specific arguments:
“Deliberative is one thing, but what have you done? If there are reasons to be concerned here, I need to hear specifics.” @cz_binance pic.twitter.com/fzMRzmtyu2
— CryptoPotato Official (@Crypto_Potato) March 3, 2023
- It is related to recent developments with the SEC motion that opposes the attempt of BinanceUS to acquire Voyager Digital.
- BinanceUS entered into a deal with Voyager back in December 2022, but the SEC objected in February this year.
- Recent reports revealed some of the arguments that the US Bankruptcy Judge overseeing the case made in relation to the lack of explanation on behalf of the SEC.
- Judge Michael Wiles said:
Deliberative is one thing, but what have you done? If there are reasons to be concerned here, I need to hear specifics.
- He also said:
I’m shocked a regulator would come in and say: ‘I’m charged with regulatory authority over these things. These are reasons that I have concerns because they’re within my regulatory jurisdiction, but I’ve done nothing, I have nothing to offer to you …
- CZ, the CEO of Binance, quote-tweeted CryptoPotato’s post, saying, “Maybe we should pull out?”
- Very quickly after, he was quick to clarify that Binance is in full support of the deal:
We are still in support of the deal and helping returning funds to users as quickly as possible, if allowed to do so.
- This comes amid somewhat questionable headlines, saying that CZ is “pondering” exiting the deal “after US scrutiny.”
- Nowhere has CZ mentioned anything about “US scrutiny.”
- Interestingly enough, the report itself says that a Binance spokesperson disbands the headline, saying that the company “remains committed to the Voyager transaction.” The article was also updated to include CZ’s additional comment.
The post CZ Reassures Binance Still Supports Voyager Deal Amid Questionable Headlines appeared first on CryptoPotato.